Pages

Monday 19 March 2012

Knitting inspiration

I was lucky enough to have an amazing day trip to London with my Mum and sister at the weekend. We went to the Stitch and craft show at Olympia, it was really fantastic I didn't expect there to be so much.

This was a highlight for me though


Yes these amazing blankets from the Simply Knitting Magazine stall. They had a campaign called Comfort Blanket in aid of Refuge. http://simplyknitting.themakingspot.com/blog/refuge-comfort-blanket-campaign-the-details


There was an e book available, each square was designed by famous knitters. They raised a whopping £2,049.50


I was totally inspired. Firstly a way to improve my not very good skills, secondly and project that can build slowly. I was thinking a square for me a square for charity, what a way the to improve. Any one else interested in joining me, I was thinking autumn time?

No comments: